Newrest is looking for a Pastry Chef to support its development in Lagos - Nigeria
- Ensure that all meals are produced in accordance with menu specification good cost control and with minimal waste
- Monitor and ensures that work is done to specifications to avoid re-work
- Monitor the meal preparation process and execute on the job training for subordinates.
- Ensure proper maintenance of kitchen equipment, report faults and ensure plans for replacement are undertaken.
- Ensure safe kitchen practices are in accordance with company safety regulation.
- Establish and control standards of bakery items and procedures in preparation
- Ensure that all norms, procedures, policies, documentation logs pertaining to HSE / HACCP company standards are followed and records maintained.
- Control, direct and co-ordinate team for maximum team effectiveness. and efficiency
- Prepare staff rota to meet the production plan/production demand.
- Suggest creative dishes and assist during menu presentations as may be required
- Minimum seven years’ experience with the last three years as Head Baker/Pastry Chef
- Excellent pastry skills and knowledge of cross cultural dishes
- Good command of English written and spoken
CONTRACT : Permanent contract – Starting date as soon as possible
LOCATION : Position located in Lagos - Nigeria
SALARY : Depending on experience and profile
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.