NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 30,700 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
You are member of the Handling department, and you report to the different managers respecting the hierarchical levels : Deputy Handling Manager & Handling Manager.
- Load and unload of all services / merchandise
- Make deliveries on track or any other point of sale respecting delivery times and safety rules.
- Check the conformity of the amount of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to plan galley
- Ensure delivery on time in accordance with the Plans of galley
- Control the unload zone (diving, galley ...)
- Driving a heavy or light vehicle respecting traffic regulations (road and track)
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance of loading according to the procedures in place
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Communicate any malfunction in the hierarchy and regulation
- Fill the various security documents (certificate ...), safety and HACCP
- Train new drivers
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported
- Respecting traffic regulations and safety requirement
- Observe the proper use of equipment
- Follow the procedures for health, safety and security to avoid damage
- Maintain clean working area / equipment following rules
- Wear the prescribed uniform and equipment necessary to the function
- Be on time for your shifts
- Being rigorous and reactive
- Be a team player
- Pay attention to your appearance (wear appropriate outfit, adopt professional dressing & attitude to serve clients at your best)
- Peform other duties as assigned
These positions are part of our fast-track program to provide opportunity to grow to our staff.
We provide training and funding to help our workers to get Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP), Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) and Restricted Area Pass (RAP) when needed.
- Valid Diver's Air-side license (DA) – Valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
- Valid AVOP Security Pass ;
- Clean driving record ;
- Valid Alberta Driving License : Full Class 5 or Professional (Class 1 to Class 4)
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments (below 1°F – minus 18°C)
- Ability to pass all required airport security clearance
- Dexterity to lift and maneuver loads (45 lbs+ / 20 kg+)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP (training will be provided otherwise)
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment – This is a shift work position
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift)
The unit is accessible by Calgary Transit (Bus 32 – Huntington/Sunridge). However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
How to Apply :
- Apply online : Provide full name, email, phone, postal address on CV
- Job posted on January 10, 2017 - Last date for application January 17, 2017
- This is a Permanent Full Time Position starting at $17 / hour
- Evolution to $18.5/hour is granted after successful completion of probation period evaluation
- Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN # for hiring process.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest Servair has 3 major operational units based in Calgary, Toronto & Montreal.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Servair Calgary Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Calgary, ideally located right next to Calgary McCall International Airport.
- We have permanent full time job opportunities for a variety of positions, available immediately.
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment. We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards.
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our Calgary Unit is a dynamic facility were employees are considered and encouraged to grow.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world ! NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.