- Manage stocks of equipment
- Coordination between dishwash team, equipment storage team, production team
- Supervise and lead a team of 10 people and prepare for different jobs;
- Train and integrate new employees;
- Ensure the assembly of non-food services according to client needs;
- Check the conformity of services according on customer specifications;
- Comply at all times with good hygiene and manufacturing practices (HACCP, FIFO, etc);
- Carry out cleaning, washing and sanitation of premises in accordance with the cleaning plan;
- Estimate the daily needs of the team, including equipment, personell and submit to his immediate supervisor.
- Participate in one-time replacement of absent colleagues in the different area
- Monitor staff breaks to ensure compliance
The Lead Hand hires members of his/her team, trains them, discipline them and terminates them if appropriate.
Salary : $ 18.54 / hour – Permanent Full Time – 40 hours a week
The unit is accessible 24/7 by Brampton Transit, on Rush Hours by Mississauga Transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP – otherwise training will be provided
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment and to work on weekends
- Ability to use a computer
Domain of intervention – General duties of the Dishwashing and Cutlery Department:
The Lead Hand supervises other employees and performs the following tasks:
- Operate pot-cutlery washing machines / dish washing equipment in a safe manner
- Prepare the trays, china, forks, knives, glasses, napkins and various other containers for production
- Maintains clean, sanitary stock of dishes and utensils required by other departments
- Loads dishes and runs dishes through cycle, respecting instructions
- Unloads and stacks dishes/cutlery in appropriate storage area
- Dispose clean dishes and utensils to proper areas as needed for other departments
- Maintains clean, sanitary work area, safe storage of dish carts and related supplies
- Follow established guidelines, food safety, health & safety policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records of cleaning performed
- General dish area maintenance including: sweeping, mopping, organization and garbage
NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest Servair has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Toronto Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Our Toronto Unit is a unionized facility were employees feel respected and considered
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.