NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Responsibilities - Deputy Food Production Manager :
- Lead and manage a team;
- Ensure proper monitoring of procedures within the department;
- Liaise between handling service and food service;
- Ensure the integration and training of new employees
- Supervise meal production in accordance with menus from datasheets, evaluate or control and have to corrections if necessary;
- Oversee manufacturing techniques (cooking, setting up, training ...);
- Provide datasheets services and report any changes of cycle;
- Complaints Managing by reporting analysis, actions and their follow up;
- Enforce hygiene and food safety rules;
- Check and ensure the proper implementation of procedures to be followed and the quality of the service provided;
- Track non-conformities related to food safety and hygiene;
- Inform staff about the importance of the good maintenance of equipment and facilities;
- Empower staff to the cleanliness of premises and equipment;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of late afternoon cleaning;
- Inventory Management;
- Management of maintenance products;
- Supervise storage of materials stocks;
- Establish schedules of employees and determine the need for temporary workers and regular employees
- Manage production to cope with last-minute changes due to flights modifications or cancellations
The unit is accessible 24/7 by Brampton Transit, on Rush Hours by Mississauga Transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
- Previous experience in food production supervision is required;
- Knowledge of catering is an asset;
- MS Office Computer skills Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of food safety rules
The position requires a high level of commitment & dedication : the position is NOT a 9 am to 5 pm. It requires production coordination, inspections in the manufacturing site & follow up of food processing operations.
HOW TO APPLY :
- Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR apply online here
- Dead line for application : April 25, 2017
- Number of available positions: 1 - Salary : $ 45 760 - gross – non negotiable
- Type of contract : Permanent Full Time - Starting date : asap
- Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN number.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Toronto Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Our Toronto Unit is a dynamic environment were employees are encouraged to grow
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.