- Act as a primary support for all areas of the Human Resources team
- Be an active participant in numerous projects (implementation of time management software, new benefits policies, updating employees’ handbooks)
- Manage the candidates’ files, the workers’ records, onboarding for new employees
- Review/revise job descriptions, onboarding and training documentation
- Conduct or assist during the interview process
- Assist in candidate reference checks and background assessments
- Act as an informative resource for all managers and employees alike pertaining to the Human Resources field and/or team
- Other similar duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate HR student (Knowledge of Ontario Employment Law required)
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize various tasks and projects
- Outgoing personality, a sense of humour and high levels of Team Spirit
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Exceptional people skills, diplomacy, and a customer service focused attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Starting date : Ideally, April 24, 2017
- Duration of internship : 12 weeks to 16 weeks
- Pay: $500 per month
- Number of available positions : 1
- Type of contract : Paid Internship
- Shift : is adaptable to the student’s schedule
- Everyday lunch is provided for free at the cafeteria at the company’s cost
- The unit is accessible 24/7 by Brampton Transit, on Rush Hours by Mississauga Transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
- This posting is exclusively for HR students required to complete an internship for course credit.
NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest Servair has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Toronto Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Our Toronto Unit is a unionized facility were employees feel respected and considered
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.