NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 30,700 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menus
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Responsible for prep, cooking, clean up and organization of the kitchen area, complete pre-production
- Prepare meats, fishes, pastas, side dishes and garnishes following recipes carefully
- Roast, fry, steam, grill, bake meats, fishes, vegetables as required by recipes
- Prepares food by cleaning, peeling, mincing, cutting, chopping, mixing portioning, measuring ingredients, packaging and labelling
- Prepare sauces and dressings according to the standards
- Ensure that enough product has been pulled for the day, replenish supplies as needed
- Maintain proper food production records, ensure all equipment is operable
- Ensure all items for assigned stations & functions are prepared, garnished, ready for other departments
- Maintain good portion control and forecast of production
- Practice proper grooming, personal hygiene, and use safety equipment
- Place racks of products in cooling tunnel or any other available waiting area, stocked and ready to go
- To make sure kitchen is locked and all items secured, turn off all cooking machines before leaving
- Communicate effectively with kitchen personnel & other unit departments
- Compliance with all company service standards, health & safety procedures, food safety requirements
- Help where needed to ensure all kitchen areas are ready for service
- Responsible for sanitation and post-service set-up
- Notify team lead, lead hand, or manager of any maintenance repairs need or unsafe conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Taste and smell prepared food to determine quality and palatability
- Monitor temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Proir experience IN A RESTAURANT or IN A CATERING BUSINESS
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment and to work on weekends
The unit is accessible 24/7 by Brampton Transit, on Rush Hours by Mississauga Transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
How to Apply :
- Send CV online
- Provide full name, email address, phone number, postal address on the CV
- Mention job opportunity reference # : EYYZ – Cook Hot Kitchen
Deadline for application : April 28, 2017
Number of available positions : 2 / Type of contract : Permanent Full Time – Shift 7.30 am to 4 pm
Starting date : ASAP – Salary : $ 15.5 / hour (non-negotiable) / Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN # for hiring process.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest Servair has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Servair Toronto Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Our Toronto Unit is a unionized facility were employees feel respected and considered
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world ! NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.