Newrest is looking for an Inflight Unit Manager to support its activities in South Africa.
Your main mission will be to manage our inflight unit in Johannesburg on operational, financial, commercial, QHSE, purchasing, logistics and HR aspects.
- Warrant compliance with contractual commitments between Newrest and its customers
- Ensure sustainability of economic balances and ratios with a focus on food and labor cost as per the group's standards
- Being a guarantor of the implementation of HACCP procedures and standards, both on food and handling
- Ensure the best operational management of the Inflight Unit and supervise procurement, production and handling
- Supervise recruitments of operational profiles while respecting budget prepared by the General Management
- Manage, train and support your team in order to develop internal skill and detect talents
- Ensure a good social climate, enforce and implement agreements
- Develop and reinforce, in accordance with the General Manager, commercial relationship with current and new customers in order to develop Newrest activity
- Broadcast Johannesburg’s unit best practices welcoming new hired or internal employees for specific trainings dedicated to Inflight catering management
- At least 5 years in a similar position in Inflight catering or Agrifood industry
- Proven skills in: Finance, Cost Management, QHSE and HR
- Commercial awareness
- Charisma and leadership in front of local teams
- Hands on personality
- English fluent, French is a plus
- Excellent computers skills (Office Suite)
- Client satisfaction will be your priority
- Ability to manage a multicultural staff,
- Outcome orientation
- Resistance to stressful situations
- Well organized, rigorous and methodical but enough adaptability to local constraints
CONTRACT : Permanent contract – Starting date as soon as possible
LOCATION: Position located in Johannesburg – South Africa
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.