NEWREST AT A GLANCE:
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: rail catering, airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Bilingual IT Manager – Canada - Responsibilities :
- Manage IT service provider for Canada (the vendor manages IT resources and infrastructure)
- Deal with all levels of organization – regularly meet with owner and executives
- Review licensing and compliance
- Review and sign-off on IT related expenses
- Negotiate contracts and pricing for services and purchases (telecom, hardware, software, etc..)
- Handle purchasing of all IT related software and hardware
- Maintain and manage vendor relationships
- Investigate ownership security related concerns as necessary
- Perform bidding process and vendor selection of new mobile devices / tablets for the rail unit
- Bid out service and support contracts for cost reductions and to ensure best pricing for all units
- Manage the installation and work directly on the configuration of the tablets
- Manage service contracts to be sure they are being upheld
- Overlook needs from operational teams : technical advice/support, troubleshooting assistance, problem resolution, and responses to inquiries/action items that staff requires for desktop computers, laptops, tablets, printers, PC/server applications, telephones, and smart phones
- Coordinate IT projects, set deadlines and budgets, participate in the preparation of the budget
- Participate in the choice of the solutions, evaluate the relevance of the projects in relation to the target architecture and the systems in place;
TECHNICAL DUTIES :
- Lead project related to company network, firewalls, switches and Wi-Fi devices
- Implement hardware inventory tracking software
- Implement system for network monitoring
- Firewall administration – creating policies, VPN tunnels, general admin
- Administer Active Directory
- Monitor firewall and system logs for suspicious activity
- VPN tunnel configuration
- Investigate security related issues & Maintain security policies
You are part of a global team directly reporting to the General Manager. The position requires a high level of commitment & dedication : the position is NOT a 9 am to 5 pm office job. It requires visits on suppliers sites, ability to handle technical environments including hardware, mobile devices and software.
- Bilingual French & English
- Prior experience in logistic industry is a strong asset (inventory management, stocks, delivery)
- Prior experience is computer repair, computer clinic, IT repairs shop is a strong asset
- Experience with Android systems & mobile devices (tablets in particular) is required
- Strong knowledge about network infrastructure (cabling, voice, data, security) is required
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer hardware, software, and networking equipment
- Proficiency with current Windows operating systems
- Experience with Windows file servers
- Experience managing Active Directory
- SQL server, database knowledge is an asset
- Ability to communicate with both novice and experienced users to resolve technical issues
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, follow & manage IT projects
- Leadership skills and customer service skills
- Valid driving license required
- Authorization to work in Canada for any employer
The position is based near Montreal Central Station, steps to Ville Marie. This site is served by the subway (Bonaventure – STM Orange Line) and several transit bus lines.
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume to email@example.com (reference EVRL – IT) OR Apply online
Dead line for application : May 9, 2017
Number of available positions: 1 - Salary : $ 55 000 gross
Type of contract : Permanent Full Time - Starting date : June 1, 2017
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN number.
NEWREST IN CANADA:
- Our clients are leading railway & airlines companies such as VIA Rail, Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest has 4 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in rail catering, airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch companies all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.