NEWREST AT A GLANCE:
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest Canada is currently hiring a Finance Manager to join the Canadian Head Office. You are managing the Finance Department for all Canadian units, reporting directly to the General Manager.
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial controls
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for Management
- Conduct month/year-end closings and produce monthly and annual financial reporting packages
- Complete month-end reconciliation of the general ledger and all reporting
- Lead and complete the annual budgeting process for the company
- Analyze and assist management in the calculation of factory overhead, and various ratios
- Assist Management in the preparation of customer quotes where necessary
- Complete variance reporting, investigate discrepancies and coordinate reconciliation of variances
- Execute Cash Management and Bank reconciliation processes
- Manage the financial reporting of the inter-company transfer of products
- Lead external Accounting firms vendors & Legal counsel
- Monitor preparation of financial audits requested by the international head office
- Prepare and submit any financial or Regulatory Filings as necessary
- Manage and oversee A/P and A/R processing
- Co-ordinate and execute the payroll process with internal managers and external Payroll providers
- Manage and analyze currency transactions
- Provide in-depth financial assistance to Unit Directors and General Managers as needed
- Develop and maintain thorough financial procedures and systems
- Develop and manage improved workflow processes
- System Owner for the ERP/MRP/Financial System including working with external service providers for system upgrades, functional enhancements and reporting changes
- Manage a team of 5 people in charge of the Finance daily business (AP,AR, Cost Control, Payroll, Operational Costs, ect.)
This position requires to keep an ongoing contact with the international Head Office :
- Creating, managing and training the local administrative team (finance-accounting, human resources and taxation),
- Produce corporate accounts for the subsidiary and guarantee the respect of local accountancy, tax and corporate obligations,
- Set up and monitor the group standards and procedures in the subsidiary,
- Develop the budget and lead budget control,
- Establish monthly reporting,
- Carry out management control on activities and operational performance indicators,
- Manage cash position in close collaboration with the group’s banking organizations,
- Lead relations with third parties, customers, suppliers and consultants,
- Maintain daily contacts with the Group's head office and supply ad hoc analyses on request.
- Bilingual French - English
- 3 years of work experience in a similar position (in manufacturing or travel industry is an asset)
- Prior experience as a Controller is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Accounting, Finance or a related field is required
- Solid knowledge of Word, Excel (Macros, V-Lookups & Pivot tables), Outlook, and E-billing Systems
- Flow charts (cash position forecasts, cash flow management)
- Ability to build budgeting plans
- Experience working with external accounting firms and banking partners
- Client service savvy with the ability to solve conflicts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and good analytical ability
- Good judgment and high degree of professionalism
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Confident and reliable with strong capacity to support the General Management for decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates flexibility to accommodate work demands
- Authorization to work in Canada for any employer
The position is based in Mississauga, near Pearson Airport. This site is served by a MiWay and 24/7 Brampton transit bus line, but a personal vehicle is recommended to facilitate the daily commute.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference ENHC - Finance) OR Apply online
- Dead line for application : June 26, 2017
- Number of available positions: 1 - Salary : $ 100 000 gross annual salary
- Type of contract : Permanent Full Time - Starting date : August 15, 2017
- Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN number.
NEWREST IN CANADA:
- Our clients are leading railway & airlines companies such as VIA Rail, Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest has 4 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.