*** URGENT NEED ***
How to Apply :
- We welcome applicants every day at the unit located 31 - 47 Aero Drive NE, Calgary-, AB, T2E 8Z9
- Come to apply in person and ask for Mr. Sebastien JOLY, Unit Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org - 403 275 5378
- This is a Permanent Part Time Position with $ 12.20 / hour
- Working days : Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN # for hiring process.
- This hiring is due to new business increase, it requires serious & reliable applicants to deliver quality service
NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Mission – Food General Worker :
- Prepare the trays, china, forks, knives, glasses, napkins and various other containers for production
- Maintains clean, sanitary stock of dishes and utensils required by other departments
- Unloads and stacks dishes/cutlery in appropriate storage area
- Dispose clean dishes and utensils to proper areas as needed for other departments
- Maintains clean, sanitary work area, safe storage of dish carts and related supplies
- Follow established guidelines, food safety, health & safety policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records of cleaning performed and production completed
- Keep Supervisor, team lead, manager informed of any unsanitary practices that may be occurring
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menu
- Measure food ingredients according to portion control guidelines and booklets instructions
- Collect serving plates, dispose food in plates, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines
- Assist in setting up and serving of special meals
- Place racks of products in cooling tunnel or any other dedicated waiting area
- Complete defined production schedule as assigned by Team-Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager
- Edit and organize labels outside & inside for the scheduled production of the day
- Perform proper food packaging / storing based on safety requirements and customers instructions
- Tag every rack in the production according to company’s standards & processes
- Ensure that left over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have the ability to stand and/or stoop for the full shift
- Ability to stand for long periods & to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Attendance, diligence, punctuality, reliability
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work mornings and weekends (depending on assigned shift)
The unit is accessible by Calgary Transit (Bus 32 – Huntington/Sunridge). However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
Newrest in Canada:
Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
Newrest Servair has 3 major operational units based in Calgary, Toronto & Montreal.
These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Servair Calgary Corporation:
The production unit is based in Calgary, ideally located right next to Calgary McCall International Airport.
We have permanent full time job opportunities for a variety of positions, available immediately.
Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment. We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our Calgary Unit is a dynamic facility were employees are considered and encouraged to grow.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world ! NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.