NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 30,700 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
- Supervise and lead a team of 5 people and prepare for different jobs
- Train and integrate new employees
- Ensure preparation and assembly of food and non-food services according to client needs
- Check the conformity of services according on customer specifications
- Complete traceability documents (eg exposure time sheet)
- Comply at all times with good hygiene and food safety practices
- Coordinate cleaning, washing and sanitation of premises in accordance with the cleaning plan
- Estimate the daily needs of the team, including equipment, personnel and submit to his immediate supervisor
- Track timings
- Monitor staff breaks to ensure compliance
The Deputy Lead Hand hires members of his/her team, trains them, discipline them and terminated them if appropriate.
- Ability to stand for long periods & to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment and to work on weekend
The unit is accessible 24/7 by Brampton Transit, on Rush Hours by Mississauga Transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
Domain of intervention – General duties of the Tray Set Up Department:
The Deputy Lead Hand coordinates other employees, performing the following tasks:
- Load carts / trolleys with platters, dishes, utensils & containers necessary for inflight service
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menus
- Collect serving trays, dispose plates in trays, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines
- Ensure all trays are within the frame of the rack, when loading them into trolleys
- Prevent damage to the trolleys by ensuring racks are loaded properly
- Assist in setting up and packaging of special meals / ingredients
- Complete defined packaging schedule as assigned by Team-Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager
- Edit and organize labels outside & inside for the scheduled production of the day
- Perform proper food packaging / storing based on safety requirements and customers instructions
- Tag every rack / trays / trolleys according to company’s standards & processes
- Ensure that left over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage, respect all process control documentations
- Bring trays & packaging material from the warehouse / waiting area
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities, report any unsanitary practice / unsafe condition
- Make sure trolleys are properly identified, secured and moved away from chemicals / hazardous substances, respect all food safety, health & safety, company rules & standards
- Job opportunity open on : July 12, 2017
- Deadline for application : July 17, 2017
- Number of available positions : 1
- Type of contract : Permanent Full Time – Shift Work
- Starting date : Available now – Salary : $ 15.5 / hour (non-negotiable)
- How to apply : Send your resume to email@example.com ( Reference EYYZ – DL TSU ) or apply online.
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN # for hiring process.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest Servair has 3 major operational units based in Calgary, Toronto & Montreal.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Toronto Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment.
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards.
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world! NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.