- Supervise and lead a team of 10 people and prepare for different jobs;
- Train and integrate new employees;
- Ensure preparation and assembly of food and non-food services according to client needs;
- Check the conformity of services according on customer specifications;
- Complete traceability documents (eg exposure time sheet);
- Comply at all times with good hygiene and manufacturing practices (HACCP, FIFO, etc);
- Carry out cleaning, washing and sanitation of premises in accordance with the cleaning plan;
- Estimate the daily needs of the team, including equipment, personell and submit to his immediate supervisor.
- Participate in one-time replacement of absent colleagues in the different area
- Track production timings
- Monitor staff breaks to ensure compliance
- Bring trays & packaging material from the warehouse / waiting area
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities, report any unsanitary practice / unsafe condition
- Make sure trolleys are properly identified, secured and moved away from chemicals / hazardous substances, respect all food safety, health & safety, company rules & standards
- Report any malfunctions or damaged equipment to Manager
The Lead Hand hires members of his/her team, trains them, discipline them and terminated them if appropriate.
Salary : $ 18.54 / hour – Permanent Full Time – 40 hours a week
The unit is accessible 24/7 by Brampton Transit, on Rush Hours by Mississauga Transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
- Ability to stand for long periods & to work in cold rooms for extended periods (below 50°F - 10°C)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP – otherwise training will be provided
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment and to work on weekends
- Ability to use a computer
Domain of intervention – General duties of the Tray Set Up Department:
The Lead Hand supervises other employees performing the following tasks:
- Load carts / trolleys with platters, dishes, utensils & containers necessary for inflight service
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the required menus
- Collect serving trays, dispose plates in trays, respecting carefully instructions and booklets guidelines
- Ensure all trays are within the frame of the rack, when loading them into trolleys
- Prevent damage to the trolleys by ensuring racks are loaded properly
- Assist in setting up and packaging of special meals / ingredients
- Complete defined packaging schedule as assigned by Team-Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager
- Edit and organize labels outside & inside for the scheduled production of the day
- Perform proper food packaging / storing based on safety requirements and customers instructions
- Tag every rack / trays / trolleys according to company’s standards & processes
- Ensure that left over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage, respect all process control documentations
How to apply : send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference EYYZ - LH TSU) or apply online
Position available : 1 / Starting date : as soon as possible
Deadline for application : July 17, 2017
Sucessful applicants will have to provide SIN number, bank details, valid photo ID
NEWREST AT A GLANCE
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Toronto Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.