Newrest at a Glance :
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities
G Driver Job Description :
- Load and unload of all services / merchandise
- Make deliveries on track or any other point of sale respecting delivery times and safety rules.
- Check the conformity of the amount of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to plan galley
- Ensure delivery on time in accordance with the Plans of galley
- Unload zone (diving, galley ...)
- Driving a heavy vehicle or light respecting traffic regulations (road and track)
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance of loading according to the procedures in place.
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Communicate any malfunction in the hierarchy and regulation
- Fill the various security documents (certificate ...), safety and HACCP
- Train new drivers
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Peform other duties as assigned
- Respect the galley plans
- Respecting traffic regulations and safety requirement
- Observe the proper use of equipment
- Follow the procedures for health, safety and security
- Maintain clean working area / equipment following rules
- Wear the prescribed uniform and equipment necessary to the function
- Be on time for your shifts
- Being rigorous and reactive
- Be a team player
- Pay attention to your appearance (wear appropriate outfit, adopt professional dressing & attitude to serve clients at your best)
These positions are part of our fast-track program to provide opportunity to grow to our staff.
We provide training and funding to help our workers to get :
- Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permits (AVOPs),
- Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC),
- Diver's Air-side license (DA) ;
- AVOP Security Pass ;
- Clean driving record ;
- Valid G Driving License
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments (below 1°F – minus 18°C)
- Ability to pass all required airport security clearance
- Dexterity to lift and maneuver loads (45 lbs+ / 20 kg+)
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP (training will be provided otherwise)
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift)
The unit is accessible 24/7 by Brampton Transit, on Rush Hours by Mississauga Transit. However, it would be much more convenient for candidates to commute with their personal car.
Deadline for application : August 7th, 2017
Number of available positions : 1
Type of contract : Permanent Full Time – Shift Work
Starting date : Available now – Salary : $ 15 / hour (non-negotiable)
How to apply : Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( Reference : EYYZ - Drivers) or apply online.
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN # for hiring process.
Newrest in Canada:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest Servair has 3 major operational units based in Calgary, Toronto & Montreal.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest Toronto Corporation:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Our company provides with competitive salary rates, group health coverage benefits, career opportunities, and modern equipment.
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards.
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world! NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.