Newrest is looking for a Production Manager for its subsidiary in South Africa.
Attached straight to the Unit Manager, the production manager will be in charge of all the Production Department including Planning, Preparation and Cooking Sections, Bakery-Pastry, Cold preparation and Portioning Sections, Tray set-up/Food Packing Section.
Will design and prepare the Food presentation as per the Customer requests and/or expectations.
A - Management of production department:
- Daily duties:
- Ensure the presence of all his team, their assiduity and the exacting compliance of the roster.
- Ensure that respect hygiene rules, food safety and proper cooking/preparation processes are correctly implemented by all the members of the team, Sections and Departments.
- Inspect the cold rooms in order to identify if in order and if raw materials remaining in order to confirm and issue the Raw Materials Internal Requests.
- Inspect productions areas and portioning/final holding cold rooms and control the quality: conformity, visual aspects, etc…
- Supervise the Production planning and the quantities to prepare.
- Control the yield of the raw materials.
- Develop the Recipes and Cooking Processes.
- Train the staff on cooking methods and process as well as proper use of the equipment.
- Identify the staff needs and positions.
- Approve the quality of raw materials received from the store.
- Assist when necessary the Store Department in the reception of raw materials.
- Control the different phases of production by ensuring strict compliance with the HACCP procedures.
- Monitor and guarantee the quality of the meals produced.
- Monitor the rate of foods Cost fixed, he must secure all areas of storage of raw materials in order to avoid thefts and the overproduction.
- Ensure the optimization of the raw materials issued.
- 2. Weekly :
- Depending of the production plans, he prepares the production planning in order to balance the staff with the volumes to be produced in order to guarantee on-time achievement and consistency.
- Organize the work of his staff to optimize the Productivity.
- 3. Monthly:
- Analyze the food cost of the month and coordinates the implementation of corrective plans.
- Monitor and plan the staff leaves.
- Look for new procedures to improve quality and productivity savings.
- Receive the HACCP key indicators and bacteriological results of the month and participate in implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Investigate all new products on the market a develop new recipes and new processes.
B - Supply Function:
- Depending of the volume of activity, the Production Manager should anticipate the needs of raw materials and liaise with Procurement to avoid any delay or shortage and so have a smooth production flow.
- Higher diploma in cooking and/or food production with a previous experience in inflight catering
- Knowledge of international cooking, production presentation, menus redaction, processes set up and monitoring, staff training
- English fluent, French is a plus
- Analyze the results, offer and implement remedial action (through detailed action plans, quantified and followed)
- Excellent communication skills (customers, suppliers, investors, employees ...)
CONTRACT : Permanent contract – Starting as soon as possible
LOCATION : Position located in Johannesburg - South Africa
SALARY : Depending on experience and profile
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.