This is a great opportunity to hone your menu building and process management skills.
The ideal candidate should have a good sense of humor & a strong will to work as a team.
The selected candidate must be able to manage his/her stress by taking actions to solve problems & by reporting issues to Top Management so we can provide resources.
- Lead the Halal kitchen team : hiring, coaching, terminating, disciplining, mentoring team appropriately
- Schedule time for training new joiners and refresh knowledge of all employees
- Assist the Executive Chef for food choices, clients presentations, and menu design
- Place orders with supply department as required to ensure ingredients are ready for kitchen production
- Operate monthly equipment inventory in the Kitchen and report equipment needing replacement or maintenance
- Check stock on hand and prep levels daily, ensuring high quality of food, as well as executing as per specifications
- Conscientiously control, verify, taste meals prepared by the team for Airlines clients (Turkish Airlines, Saudia Airlines, Egyptair) to ensure expected flavors & quality standards are met
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality menu items, placing a strong emphasis on doing things right
- Schedule hourly, daily, weekly tasks to capable individuals
- Monitor all food safety and food handling activities for this location on an ongoing basis, ensuring standards are excellent and appropriate at all times
- On a daily basis execute recipes, cook, and produce dishes in a timely fashion in a high volume environment
- Cook for specific Airlines VIP meals and for client presentations when needed
- Occasionally travel to other Newrest units for client presentations
- Mandatory prior experience as Cook / Chef in RESTAURANT or CATERING BUSINESS (experience in fast food or pizza specialized restaurants WILL NOT be sufficient)
- Strong knowledge of Middle Eastern food is mandatory (Turkish food is a very stong asset)
- Education in culinary arts / hospitality management is preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Ability to work on weekends, ability to work on evenings
- Ability to work in Canada for any employer and to travel in other provinces
- Must have passion for culinary and service excellence
- Be creative, use your critical thinking
- The ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment is critical
We expect our Hallal Production Executive Chef NOT TO withdraw into silence and NOT TO yell at the team aggressively when he/she feels under pressure
The position is based near Pearson Airport. This site is served by a MiWay and 24/7 Brampton transit bus line, but a personal vehicle is recommended to facilitate the daily commute.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference EYYZ –HPEM) OR Apply online
- Dead line for application : October 18, 2017 - Starting date : as soon as possible
- Number of available positions: 1 - Salary : $ 52 000 - gross – non negotiable
- Type of contract : Permanent Full Time, 40 hours per week, 5 Days a week, 2 days off per week
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN number.
NEWREST AT A GLANCE:
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
NEWREST IN CANADA:
- Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Turkish Airlines, Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines, Egypt Air and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
NEWREST TORONTO CORPORATION:
- The production unit is based in Mississauga, ideally located right next to Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- We actively promote and consistently apply Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards.
- Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Our Toronto Unit is a dynamic facility, were employees are considered and encouraged to grow.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.