Newrest is looking for an Operational Dispatch Controller to support its development in Colnbrook.
- Receive incoming calls, coordinate with all operational, in particular the kitchen staff to ensure outbound trolleys are on schedule.
- Monitor computers to determine arriving flight times to arrange for drivers to meet aircraft for unloading/loading.
- Provide accurate and timely information to transportation shift leaders.
- Coordinate with meal planners any irregularities and changes.
- Contribute and manage within defined systems of working to ensure quality of product, service to the customer and team progression/development
- Plan and manage the team’s output to ensure delivery of business, section and
- customer targets
- Carry out performance monitoring of team members on a daily basis and escalate concerns to operational Manager
- Attend/conduct daily operational meetings/briefings. Present accurate information and data as requested
- Instigate and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in catering (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with a customer centred approach to service delivery
- Rotate through different departments/units as reasonably required
- Operational awareness, understand of HACCP, COSHH, DDA, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and DFT requirements. (role specific)
- Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure
- The ability to be an effective ambassador for the organisation at all times.
CONTRACT: Permanent, starting date: ASAP
LOCATION: Position located in Colnbrook, United Kingdom
SALARY: £10.10 per hour, Hours 4 am to 4 pm, Shift pattern 4 on 4 off.
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.