Newrest is looking for a Head Chef to support its development in Colnbrook.
- To exceed consistently high levels of culinary excellence and to ensure complete satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, production, plating areas in both halal and non-halal kitchens.
- Ensuring food quality and freshness is optimized in a high-volume production facility with a key focus on quality, consistency and reducing wastage.
- Maintaining stock rotation throughout production areas.
- Maintaining production schedules, recipes for hot and cold kitchens and plating areas in multiple kitchens.
- To ensure quality control measures and hygiene systems are achieved at all times.
- To have accountability for the day to day running of kitchens.
- Ensuring consistency of production through use of accurate recipes and specifications on daily production runs.
- Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and plating.
- Verifying specification and recipes prior to any launch or cycle change.
- Train new kitchen employees to unit and kitchen standards to ensure compliance with HACCP and Food Safety legislation.
- Ensuring kitchen documentation is completed accurately every day.
- Maintain staff appraisal’s and training opportunities.
- Delegate daily tasks to sous chef and other kitchen staff; manage their progress throughout the day.
- Build strong synergies between departments with a positive “can do” attitude
- Development of standard operating procedures.
- Internal department communication, shift meetings, group meetings and one on ones.
- Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verify all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
- Day to day management of multinational team and solving problems as they arise.
- Menu creation and presentation, including researching and implementing new culinary trends.
- Coordinate with the unit management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
- Oversee repairs of kitchen appliances.
- Reporting to Head of Menu Development and Production.
- Minimum 10 years catering experience to include proven fine dining restaurant and 5 Star airline experience.
- City & Guilds 706/1/2, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Hospitality and Catering
- Minimum Level 3 Food Safety.
- Proven experience and understanding of Halal production and product flow.
- Evidence of understanding global cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management.
- Excellent communication skills, with a customer centered approach to service delivery.
- Impeccable team work skills.
- Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
CONTRACT: Permanent contract, starting date: ASAP.
LOCATION: Colnbrook, Heathrow, London.
SALARY: Depending on experience.
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.