Newrest is looking for a Production Manager for its Inflight Unit in the USA.
Attached straight to the Unit Manager, the production manager will be in charge of all the Production Department including Planning, Preparation and Cooking Sections, Cold preparation and Portioning Sections, Tray set-up/Food Packing Section.
Will design and prepare the Food presentation as per the Customer requests and/or expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
A - Management of production department:
1. Daily duties:
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Ensure that the respect of hygiene rules, food safety and proper cooking/preparation processes are correctly implemented by all team members
- Manage administrative and operational aspects of the Cold Food department including but not limited to scheduling, attendance, quality documents, etc.
- Inspect productions areas and portioning/final holding cold rooms and control the quality: conformity, visual aspects, etc.
- Supervise the Production planning and the quantities to prepare.
- Control the yield of the raw materials.
- Develop the Recipes and Cooking Processes.
- Train team members on cooking methods and process as well as proper use of the equipment.
- Ensure the staff needs and positions.
- Approve the quality of raw materials received from the store.
- Assist when necessary the Store Department in the reception of raw materials.
- Control the different phases of production by ensuring strict compliance with the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) procedures.
- Monitor and guarantee the quality of the meals produced.
- Monitor the rate of foods cost fixed, and secure all areas of storage of raw materials in order to avoid thefts and over production.
- Ensure the optimization of the raw materials
2. Weekly :
- Prepare the production planning and balance staffing with production volumes so to guarantee on-time achievement and consistency
- Analyze the food cost of the month and coordinates the implementation of corrective plans.
- Monitor and plan the staff leaves.
- Look for new procedures to improve quality and productivity savings.
- Receive the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) key indicators and bacteriological results of the month and participate in implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Investigate all new products on the market and develop new recipes and new processes.
B - Supply Function :
- Anticipate the needs of raw materials and liaise with Procurement to avoid any delay and ensure adequate supply is maintained
- Prior experience in airline or aviation related industry is a plus
- 3 years of work experience in a similar position (in manufacturing or travel industry is an asset)
- Knowledge of international cooking, production presentation, menus redaction, processes set up and monitoring, staff training
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) awareness is an asset, otherwise training will be provided
- English is a preferred (Bilingual French is a real assest)
- Analyze the results, offer and implement remedial action (through detailed action plans, quantified and followed)
- Excellent communication skills (customers, suppliers, investors, employees)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Tools : Word, Excel , Powerpoint, Outlook, and E-billing Systems.
- Authorization to work in USA for any employer, valid work permit required.
JOB TYPE: Full time – Starting March 1, 2018
LOCATION: Position located in Raleigh – USA
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume to email@example.com (reference ERDU – Production Manager) OR Apply online
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Newrest maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.