Newrest is looking for a Deputy Unit Manager for its Inflight Unit in the USA.
Your main mission will be to support the Unit Manager on operational, financial, commercial, QHSE, purchasing, logistics and HR aspects. You will come to support production and handling departments including planning tasks, preparation and production (kitchen, cold kitchen, preparing and packing the food trays).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Guarantee compliance with contractual commitments between Newrest and its customers
- Ensure sustainability of economic balances and ratios with a focus on food and labor cost as per the group's standards
- Being a guarantor of the implementation of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) procedures and standards, both on food and handling
- Ensure the best operational management of the Inflight Unit and supervise procurement, production and handling
- Ensure food quality and quantity with emphasis on presentation
- Supervise recruitments of operational profiles while respecting budget prepared by the General Management
- Manage, train and support team member in order to develop internal skills and maintain talents
- Ensure a good social climate; implement and enforce the company policies as well as Salt Lake City unit’s best practices
- Develop and reinforce, in accordance with the Unit Manager, commercial relationship with current and new customers in order to develop Newrest activities
- Implement Salt Lake City's unit best practices welcoming new hires or internal employees for specific trainings dedicated to Inflight catering management
- An operational profile with 5 years' experience minimum in Inflight catering or Agrifood industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Operations, Quality and Management, or a related field is required
- Good knowledge of food production is required
- Proven skills in : Finance, Cost Management, QHSE and HR
- Commercial awareness, financial knowledge and strategic thinking are key assets
- Charisma and leadership leading local teams
- Strong interpersonal skills & Business Acumen with the ability to handle and resolve conflicts
- English is a preferred (Bilingual French is a real assest)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Tools : Word, Excel (Macros, V-Lookups & Pivot tables), Powerpoint, Outlook, and E-billing Systems
- Authorization to work in USA for any employer, valid work permit required
JOB TYPE: Full time – Starting March 1, 2018
LOCATION: Position located in Salt Lake City – USA
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference SLC – Deputy Unit Manager) OR Apply online
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Newrest maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.