Newrest is looking for a Driver for its unit in Raleigh, NC.
The incumbent loads galley equipment onto a truck, drives the truck to various types of aircraft and loads the equipment. He/she accomplishes all activities in line with customer’s guidelines while adhering to safety regulations.
- Load and unload of all equipment on a truck
- Check the conformity of the amount of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading
- Fill pre-trip inspection book & perform mandatory safety checks of the vehicle for each shift
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to plan galley
- Ensure on time delivery of all items for each flight
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
- Drive a heavy vehicle respecting traffic regulations (road and track)
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance of loading according to the procedures in place
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Fill various security documents (certificate ...), safety and HACCP
- Train new drivers
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Observe the proper use of equipment
- Follow all procedures for health, safety and security
- Maintain clean working area, maintain clean loading docks, maintain clean equipment following rules
- Be diligent, punctual, and reliable
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a CDL valid driver’s license with a safe driving record (for Wide-Body CDL drivers only)
- Current driver's license with clean driving record (for Half-Cabin drivers only)
- Must be able to acquire a DOT Medical Card
- Prior experience in airline or aviation related industry is a plus
- Ability to pass all required airport security clearance
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) awareness is an asset, otherwise training will be provided
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends (depending on assigned shift), and work overtime when required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outdoors and varying temperatures and environments
- Experience on US airport tarmac strongly recommended
- Understand the rules of hygiene, safety and security
- Authorization to work in the USA for any employer
CONTRACT : Full Time – Starting date : Mid March, 2018
LOCATION: Position located in Raleigh – USA
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume to email@example.com (reference ERDU – Driver) OR Apply online.
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Newrest maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.