Newrest is recruiting a Business Development Manager for its subsidiary in Qatar.
Under the supervision of the General Manager and with Matrix report to the Group Business Development Manager, you will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Manage and maintain the soft and hard archive of all elements related to the commercial and consumer visibility department
- Assist with any departmental tasks and opportunities, which may arise on an ad-hoc basis
- The above tasks should constitute, not more than, 70% off the commercial assistant’s time load. The remaining time should be dedicated to visiting clients, prospects and site visits, when necessary
- Conducting Clients satisfaction surveys and feedback
- Initiate and follow public relations actions with potential, new, as well as established clients
- Develop business proposals with responses to tenders, including technical, financial, legal and human, in validation with the general manager and country matrix teams,
- Implement commercial agreements signed with our client and ensure that products delivered comply with those agreements
- Ensure and centralize a fluid communication between clients and operations department
- Provide necessary information and documents to operations department in order to warrant a perfect service to the client
- Inform clients about problems faced and solutions implemented to solve them
- Anticipate, prepare and manage clients’ visits and audits, perform written reporting to the General Manager
- Follow appropriate recording / reporting procedures related to commercial activities
- Understand relevant political and legislative issues to establish / facilitate new business activity / renewal of contracts
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
At least 5 years’ experience in the same position in Doha, Qatar
Very solid and excellent knowledge of the Catering business market in Doha is a must
Strong public relations skills supported by excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
The right candidate should have strong business relationships with the entire market to get, make and create good business opportunities for the company by taking the lead of:
- Generating sales leads
- Assisting in the costing process, and
- Participating in negotiating new contracts
- Excellent Tendering knowledge and experience is a must to take care of all the tasks related to the submission of proposals, including liaising with the printing press, binding, laminating, etc.…
- Highly literate & fluent in speaking Arabic & English, French is plus
- Strong in written communication skills with ability to compose correspondence, in Arabic & English, from minimal details
- Catering costing and budget skills
- Experience of the life cycle of contract from bidding, costing, lobbying and mobilization
- Excellent computers skills
- Dynamic, extroverted, results oriented
CONTRACT: Permanent contract - Starting date as soon as possible
LOCATION: Position located in Doha - Qatar
SALARY: Depending on experience and profile
With origins in Group Catair in 1996, and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros and more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest ‘independent’ airline caterer world-wide.
At year end closing 2017 (September) Newrest is 88,7% management-owned, with its managers holding its capital (310 managers). The remaining capital is held by Naxicap Partners (5.2%), Ardian (ex. Axa PE) (2.8%), Duti Participations (1,9%) and BNP Paribas Dvpt (1.4%).
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.