NEWREST AT A GLANCE:
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession (visit our website : http://www.newrest.eu/en/).
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.3 M€ and more than 29,500 employees world-wide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities worldwide within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
Newrest Canada is currently hiring an Executive Chef to join the Canadian Head Office.
This is a great opportunity to sharpen your menu conception and customer management skills.
The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills & a strong will to work as a team.
The selected candidate must be able to adapt to different types of cuisine, to create menus taking into account clients specifications, and to train other kitchen members how to execute these recipes.
The Executive Chef reports to the Country General Manager, his / her direct supervisor.
- Learn, understand, integrate, and respect all clients specifications while elaborating menus
- On a daily basis execute recipes, cook, and produce dishes in a timely fashion in a high volume environment
- Control and direct the food preparation process and techniques
- Construct polish menus following clients specifications that meet quality standard
- Cook for airline clients, VIP meals and menu design when needed
- Provide training to staff about new recipes and refresh knowledge of all kitchen staff
- Conscientiously control, verify, taste meals prepared by the team for Airlines clients to ensure expected flavors & quality standards are met
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality menu items
- Travel monthly to North and South America in other Newrest units to cook & execute food presentations for potential new client airlines
- Being able to describe properly the ingredients & to present the dishes to customers
- Work with General Manager & the Sales Manager in establishing and maintaining high quality food standards and have consistent menu pricing
- Check services & food cooked by the teams to ensure recipes are executed as per specifications
- Work efficiently with various kitchen chefs & cooks in different locations
- Monitor all food safety and food handling activities on an ongoing basis, ensuring standards are excellent and appropriate at all times
- Input the detailed recipes into the Newrest web platform so production teams can use them
- Mandatory prior 2-3 years experience working in a hotel, as Chef or Executive Chef (experience in restaurants, fast food or pizza specialized restaurants WILL NOT FIT)
- Education in culinary arts / hospitality management is mandatory
- International experience out of Canada is mandatory
- Strong skills for plate presentation & aesthetically pleasing disposal of ingredients in plates
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English is mandatory
- Ability to speak Spanish or French is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of HACCP is required
- Depending on the needs: ability to work on weekends, on evenings, ability to travel
- Authorized to work in Canada for any employer and travel to North and South America
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must have passion for culinary and service excellence
- Be creative, use your critical thinking
- Capacity to train people, to transfer your knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is critical
- Being customer oriented & customer focused
The position is based in Mississauga, near Pearson Airport. This site is served by a MiWay and 24/7 Brampton transit bus line, but a personal vehicle is recommended to facilitate the daily commute.
This position requests frequent travels. This is a unique opportunity to advance your career !
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your resume to email@example.com (reference ENHC - EXEC) OR Apply online
- Dead line for application : April 9, 2018 - Starting date : as soon as possible
- Number of available positions: 1 - Salary : from $ 55 000 to $ 65 000 (depending on profile)
- Type of contract : Permanent Full Time
Successful candidates will be required to provide photo ID, banking details, and valid SIN number.
NEWREST IN CANADA:
- Our clients are leading railway & airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines, Turkish Airlines, and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
- These units, specialized in rail catering, airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world !
NEWREST. Catering Unlimited.